ightroom is Adobe’s state-of-the-art professional photo development, manipulation and organization software. Lightroom’s powerful features enable users to transform RAW photographs into beautiful images of any kind. Sharpness, contrast, tone, white-balance and color can be adjusted in fine detail manually or through a large range of default and downloadable presets. Styles such as black and white, sepia, high contrast color and velvia are applied with one click.
To organize photographs, Lightroom provides a concept of catalogues and collections that can include one or multiple images from various folders on your hard-drive or other media sources. The book module makes for easy creation of photo books or brochures which can be saved as PDF to be ordered at online print services. Lightroom is capable of importing AVCHD-Videos to extract single JPG images for further processing. Pictures with GPS data can be shown on its location on Google Maps.
Supported Image and Video formats include: Camera Raw, DNG, TIFF, JPG, Photoshop (PSD), AVI, MOV, MP4 and others.
The following updates have been undertaken in this version of Lightroom:
- Synced collections now show a more prominent share button at the top of the Toolbar. This allows you to quickly share your synced collection with friends, family, and clients using Lightroom web (http://lightroom.adobe.com).
- Comments and likes left on Lightroom web now sync to the Lightroom desktop catalog. Comments and Likes will be shown in the “Comment” panel for synced collections.
- Images with comments and likes will display a badge indicating that there are comments and a coloured badge to indicate that there are unread comments.
- Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.7
- The crop overlay displayed an intermediate step when progressing through images in the filmstrip with overlay displayed.
- The lens profile for the Canon EF 16-35mm f/4 would not auto-select when using Lens Profile Corrections.
- ICC profiles resulted in incorrectly clipped shadows and blacks in Lightroom. Note that this is related to the issue identified here and only occurs on Mac OSX 10.9 and later
- Fixed crash when rapidly adding corrections with the Spot Removal tool.
- Improved quality of Camera Matching colour profiles for the Nikon D810. Fixes visible banding issues with the Camera Standard, Camera Vivid, Camera Landscape, and Camera Monochrome profiles.
- Context menu (right click on PC or control+click on Mac) was disabled for images contained in Lightroom mobile collections.
- Fixed issue that prevented Lightroom 5 from reading Photoshop Elements 13 libraries.
- Cover images set by Lightroom mobile were sometimes incorrectly reset by Lightroom desktop.
- Sync with Lightroom mobile sometimes stalled when asset is added to same album on both LrM and LrD and later deleted
- Resolved issue that caused Lightroom to crash when creating a Print and saving it to a mounted DVD directly inside Lightroom.
- Publishing images to Behance using the Behance Publish Service has been restored.